WIN the chance to set your personal best in the Olympic Stadium – courtesy of Powerade
07:56 GMT, 5 April 2012
Sportsmail has teamed up with Powerade to offer two lucky readers a chance of a lifetime to set their personal best at the Olympic Stadium in Stratford.
On Thursday May 3, 2012 Powerade will be giving a select group of people access to run the 100m on the track at the London 2012 Olympic Stadium, with the fastest runners setting their own ‘Personal Bests’ in the stadium that will host the track and field events at this summer’s eagerly awaited Olympic and Paralympic Games.
Their Olympic Stadium experience, courtesy of Powerade, will include a tour of the track, the opportunity to get a unique insight into preparation and training plus coaching expertise from Jessica Ennis’s coach Toni Minichiello, and the chance to run 100m on the same track that athletes will be competing on during the Games in July and August.
Furthermore, this incredible prize includes one night’s stay at a hotel in London, a welcome letter from Jessica Ennis, a bespoke Powerade shirt and a goody bag including an image of you running on the track and a unique medal. The prize will also include the opportunity for you to bring a friend/family member to cheer you on during the session.
Powerade will be hydrating Team GB and ParalympicsGB during the London 2012 Olympic and Paralympic Games. All participants will be given their own Powerade Olympic Games Sports Bottle, the same bottle that will be used by the athletes during the Games. The bottle is also available for free with every promotional bottle of Powerade ION4 and Zero purchased between now and the Games.
To be in with a chance of winning, simply answer the following question:
Which event will Jessica Ennis be competing in at the Olympics
E-mail your answer, along with your name, address and contact number to:
to arrive by 3pm on Wednesday April 11.
PLEASE NOTE: You must validate your entry with the words POWERADE COMP in your subject box; normal Associated Newspapers terms and conditions apply – the Editor's decision is final. UK residents only. Entrants must be 16-year-old and over. Full terms and conditions from the provider are listed below.
For more information about the competition, follow @PoweradeGB on Twitter.
Powerade London 2012 Olympic Stadium Experience Competition
Full Terms and Conditions
‘LOCOG’ means The London Organising Committee of the Olympic Games and Paralympic Games Limited.
1. This promotion is open to residents of Great Britain (England, Scotland and Wales), the Isle of Man and Channel Islands only, excluding employees of Coca-Cola Great Britain, Coca-Cola Enterprises Limited, their agents and anyone else professionally connected with this Promotion and/or with the London 2012 Olympic Games.
2. All entrants must be aged 16 years or over. Winners under 18 years of age will need to be accompanied to the Powerade Olympic Stadium Experience by an adult.
3. Closing date for entries is Wednesday April 11. There are a total of 2 Olympic Stadium Experience places available to be won.
4. All winners will be awarded a place at the Powerade Olympic Stadium Experience on 3rd May. Winners must be available to attend on 2nd and 3rd May. Winners will also be allowed to bring one guest to the event. Guests will attend as spectators only, and will not take part in the activities on the track in the Olympic Stadium.
5. Winners who are chosen and contacted will be required to provide the Promoter with information including their name, a valid GB, IoM or CI home address, phone number and other contact details, proof of ID, notification of any medical conditions, notification of any assistance that may be needed when attending the Olympic Stadium, emergency contact details and consent to LOCOG and selected third parties (including Local Authorities and LOCOG’s Customer Relationship Management Provider, whose servers are based in the United States of America) contacting them regarding their participation in and/or for the purpose of organising the Powerade Olympic Stadium Experience. This may involve background and security checks, including Criminal Records Bureau check.
6. Winners are responsible for providing correct contact details and information for themselves if and when requested. Inaccurate information may result in the prize being forfeited if the Promoter is unable to contact the winner.
7. The Olympic Stadium Experience event will take place on Thursday 3rd May at the London 2012 Olympic Stadium in London. Winners will need to arrive in London in the afternoon on Wednesday 2nd May, so should ensure they are available on both days. Hotel accommodation will be provided for winners and their guests on the night of Wednesday 2nd May – this will be a twin room.
8. Winners will be provided with a 100 total contribution towards travel to and from London for themselves and their guest. Winners and guests will need to make their own travel arrangements to and from London.
9. Winners and guests will need to arrive at the designated hotel in East London by 15:00 on Wednesday 2nd May. The Promoter will arrange reasonable meals, snacks and transfers from this point.
10. The Olympic Stadium Experience will end at approximately 13:30 on Thursday 3rd May. After this time, winners and guests will be responsible for making their own way home from the hotel.
11. The Olympic Stadium Experience event will include a briefing and informational talk from a qualified athletics coach, demonstrations by a professional athlete, the opportunity for the winners to run the 100m on the Olympic Stadium track, photos of the event, and gift bags for winners. Please note: Jessica Ennis will not appear in person at any point during the Olympic Stadium Experience.
12. Full details of the event will be communicated directly to winners once chosen.
13. No cash alternative to the prize is available.
14. In the event of unforeseeable circumstances outside of its control, the Promoter reserves the right to offer an alternative prize or reward as close to the Olympic Stadium experience as possible.
15. The Promoter's decision is final in all matters pertaining to the promotion, and no correspondence will be entered into.
16. For any further information, or promotional queries, please contact the consumer helpline on 0800 227711.
17. For a list of winners’ names and their counties, please send a stamped self-addressed envelope to Powerade ‘Olympic Stadium Experience’, BD Network, Tea Building, 56 Shoreditch High Street, London E1 6PQ. This will be available for 3 months from the closing date of the promotion.
18. If there is any reason to believe that there has been a breach of these Terms and Conditions, or any underhand or malpractice or activity in conflict with the spirit of the promotion, the Promoter may, at its sole discretion refuse to accept an entry. The Promoter will be the final arbiter in any decisions and these will be final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into. The Promoter may at its absolute discretion disqualify any entrant found to be tampering with the entry process or operation or to be acting in any manner disruptive to the promotion.
19. Limitations of liability: insofar as permitted by law, neither the Promoter nor the promotional parties assume any responsibility or liability for:-
i. Any incorrect or inaccurate entry, or for any faulty or failed electronic data transmissions;
ii. Communications line failure, regardless of cause, with regard to any equipment, systems, networks, lines, satellites, servers, computers or providers utilised in any aspect of this promotion;
iii. Inaccessibility or unavailability of the internet or the website or any combination thereof;
iv. Any injury or damage to participants or to any other person’s computer which may be related to or resulting from any attempt to participate in the promotion;
Promoter: Coca-Cola Great Britain, 1 Queen Caroline Street, London, W6 9HQ.
Entries should not be sent to this address.