Tag Archives: preference

Thiago Silva would prefer to stay at AC Milan than join Manchester City

Thiago Silva would prefer remaining at Milan to joining Man City, claims agent

|

UPDATED:

09:39 GMT, 23 May 2012


Target: Thiago Silva appears reluctant to leave AC Milan

Target: Thiago Silva appears reluctant to leave AC Milan

Thiago Silva's agent claims the Brazilian centre-back is intent on staying at AC Milan despite interest from Barclays Premier League champions Manchester City and Spanish giants Barcelona.

The 27-year-old is considered the best defender in the world in some quarters, but has a contract which runs until June 2016.

He joined Milan in 2009 from Brazil side Fluminense and it seems he is planning on staying there.

Paulo Tonietto told www.calciomercato.it. 'His preference is certainly Milan.

'Only the club executives of Milan can decide whether to sell the player.

'Right now the rumours circulating regarding his future are simply media speculation.'

Meanwhile, City could be tempted to sell defensive midfielder Nigel de Jong to Queens Park Rangers.

Mark Hughes is interested in procuring the player he signed for 18million from Hamburg while at the club.

Andrey Arshavin could still leave Arsenal this month

Anzhi and Zenit still chasing Arshavin with Russian window open for a month

Arsenal could still lose Andrey Arshavin this month with Russian clubs Anzhi Makhachkala and Zenit St Petersburg both showing an interest in the unsettled star.

The Russia captain is out of favour at Emirates Stadium, with both manager and fans, and will able to negotiate a deal home up until February 24, when his country's transfer window shuts.

Arshavin is in the Arsenal squad for the match against Bolton on Wednesday, but is not expected to start having seen Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain recently oust him from Arsene's Wenger preferred team.

Out of favour: Andrey Arshavin is unpopular among fans at Arsenal

Out of favour: Andrey Arshavin is unpopular among fans at Arsenal

Mega-rich Anzhi, who have the legendary Roberto Carlos and former Barcelona and Inter Milan forward Samuel Eto'o on their books, approached the Gunners on Tuesday's European deadline day with a view to a move.

The club are bankrolled by billionaire businessman Suleyman Kerimov and are prepared to outbid any rivals to secure the national captain.

Zenit, meanwhile, would be Arshavin's preference, the club he left three years ago for Arsenal in a deal worth 15million. Arsenal hope to recoup more than a third of that figure.

Arshavin has come to represent all that is wrong with the Gunners' season with fans accusing him of being lazy and unimaginative.

He was recently the subject of boos when being thrown on against Manchester United in place of the impressive Oxlade-Chamberlain, although a large portion of the vitriol was directed at Arsene Wenger.

Carlos Tevez: AC Milan still want Manchester City striker

We still want Tevez! Milan still keen on City exile but have Lopez on standby

AC Milan vice-president Adriano Galliani has not given up hope of signing Manchester City rebel Carlos Tevez but have Catania striker Maxi Lopez on standby in case the move breaks down.

Italian job: AC Milan still want Carlos Tevez

Italian job: AC Milan still want Carlos Tevez

The Rossoneri pulled out of negotiations with City earlier this month to acquire the Argentina forward but have now confirmed they are back in the race to sign the 27-year-old.

'Tevez wants Milan We also want Tevez,' Galliani said.

'We shall see, there are still seven days left until the end of the transfer window.'

However, Milan face stiff competition from Paris Saint-Germain and Inter Milan to land Tevez, who has stated his preference to join the Rossoneri.

Galliani insisted that should Milan fail to acquire Tevez, the Rossoneri would sign Fulham target Lopez from Catania.

'If Tevez does not arrive, then Maxi Lopez will join us,' Galliani said.

'Either one or the other, certainly not the two of them.'

Reports in Italy claimed Lopez has travelled to Milan to complete his transfer to the San Siro outfit.

However, Galliani said: 'I think he (Lopez) is already in Milan but we will now see what happens.

Standby: Milan are also keen on ex-Barcelona striker Maxi Lopez, who plays for Catania

Standby: Milan are also keen on ex-Barcelona striker Maxi Lopez, who plays for Catania

'His medical We must be calm, we need to wait a few more days. Maxi Lopez is a player that interests us a lot and it's likely that he will arrive.

'The situation is very simple, we have an agreement with Catania and with the player.'

Floyd Mayweather offers Manny Pacquiao May 5 showdown

Mayweather lays down gauntlet to Pacquiao by offering May 5 showdown

Floyd Mayweather Jnr has challenged Manny Pacquiao to fight him on May 5.

The WBC welterweight champion’s plans to fight on that date in Las Vegas looked to be dead and buried when he was sentenced to prison.

But his 90-day term was deferred and the five-division world champion looks set to finally agree terms with Pacquiao for what could be the first $100m bout in history.

Fight of the century: Floyd Mayweather could fight Manny Pacquiao

Fight of the century: Floyd Mayweather could fight Manny Pacquiao

Mayweather tweeted: 'Manny Pacquiao I'm calling you out let's fight May 5th and give the world what they want to see.

'My Jail Sentence [sic] was pushed back because the date was locked in. Step up Punk.'

The pair, who many consider to be the best pound-for-pound fighters in the world, have put off meeting each other in the ring despite both camps promising a deal on several occasions.

The latest blow to negotiations came when Mayweather was sentenced to prison for assaulting his ex-girlfriend.

Up for it Floyd Mayweather tweeted his challenge to Manny Pacquiao

Up for it Floyd Mayweather tweeted his challenge to Manny Pacquiao

But last week a judge declared that the 34-year-old could serve his time from June 1, paving the way for him to fight as planned.

It remains to be seen how the Pacquiao camp will respond but the Filipino said: 'I've said this over and over before and I'm saying this again, I want Floyd Mayweather Jnr to be my next opponent and I haven't changed my choice despite recent developments.

'I am meeting with my promoter, Bob Arum, and I will insist that the fight with Mayweather be given the preference. Whoever the fans want me to fight, I will face him atop the ring.

Will he accept the challenge Mayweather will await Pacquiao's answer

Will he accept the challenge Mayweather will await Pacquiao's answer

'[However] I don't choose the fight. It is my promoter who does because it's his job. My job is to fight, everybody must realise that.'

Arum had previously told ESPN: 'I'll sit with Manny and explain everything to him, tell him what I
think each of these fights would do on pay-per-view.

'We'll
talk about what (trainer) Freddie [Roach] thinks and about what (Top
Rank matchmaker) Bruce [Trampler] thinks. Then I'll let Manny make the
decision on which opponent he wants to fight, which I am sure he will do
while I am there.'

Floyd Mayweather wants to fight Manny Pacquiao May 5

Mayweather lays down gauntlet to Pacquiao by offering May 5 showdown

Floyd Mayweather Jnr has challenged Manny Pacquiao to fight him on May 5.

The WBC welterweight champion’s plans to fight on that date in Las Vegas looked to be dead and buried when he was sentenced to prison.

But his 90-day term was deferred and the five-division world champion looks set to finally agree terms with Pacquiao for what could be the first $100m bout in history.

Fight of the century: Floyd Mayweather could fight Manny Pacquiao

Fight of the century: Floyd Mayweather could fight Manny Pacquiao

Mayweather tweeted: 'Manny Pacquiao I'm calling you out let's fight May 5th and give the world what they want to see.

'My Jail Sentence [sic] was pushed back because the date was locked in. Step up Punk.'

The pair, who many consider to be the best pound-for-pound fighters in the world, have put off meeting each other in the ring despite both camps promising a deal on several occasions.

The latest blow to negotiations came when Mayweather was sentenced to prison for assaulting his ex-girlfriend.

Up for it Floyd Mayweather tweeted his challenge to Manny Pacquiao

Up for it Floyd Mayweather tweeted his challenge to Manny Pacquiao

But last week a judge declared that the 34-year-old could serve his time from June 1, paving the way for him to fight as planned.

It remains to be seen how the Pacquiao camp will respond but the Filipino said: 'I've said this over and over before and I'm saying this again, I want Floyd Mayweather Jnr to be my next opponent and I haven't changed my choice despite recent developments.

'I am meeting with my promoter, Bob Arum, and I will insist that the fight with Mayweather be given the preference. Whoever the fans want me to fight, I will face him atop the ring.

Will he accept the challenge Mayweather will await Pacquiao's answer

Will he accept the challenge Mayweather will await Pacquiao's answer

'[However] I don't choose the fight. It is my promoter who does because it's his job. My job is to fight, everybody must realise that.'

Arum had previously told ESPN: 'I'll sit with Manny and explain everything to him, tell him what I
think each of these fights would do on pay-per-view.

'We'll
talk about what (trainer) Freddie [Roach] thinks and about what (Top
Rank matchmaker) Bruce [Trampler] thinks. Then I'll let Manny make the
decision on which opponent he wants to fight, which I am sure he will do
while I am there.'