Tag Archives: branca

Manchester United on alert as Inter Milan tell Wesley Sneijder to accept pay cut or find a new club

United on alert as Inter tell Sneijder to accept pay cut or find a new club

|

UPDATED:

14:22 GMT, 30 November 2012

Inter Milan will consider selling Wesley Sneijder to Manchester United after talks over accepting a wage cut stalled.

United are on red alert after Sneijder was told he won’t be playing for Inter again until he accepts a cut to his 200,000 a week wages.

Sneijder is newly-frugal Inter’s top earner but again looks set to be left out of their match with Palermo on Sunday.

Is that the way to Manchester Wesley Sneijder looks set to leave Inter

Is that the way to Manchester Wesley Sneijder looks set to leave Inter

The Dutch midfielder has refused to accept a contract with reduced wages at Inter and club director Marco Branca has said he will not be involved in the Italian giants’ plans until he accepts the terms of a less extravagant wage package.

Sneijder, who led Jose Mourinho’s Inter team to the league, Champions League and domestic cup titles in 2010, was courted by a number of clubs, including United, in the summer, but Sir Alex Ferguson put the brakes on any deal due to the high wages he would demand.

But it now appears the Dutchman could also be shipped out in the January transfer window if a resolution is not reached quickly.

'Sneijder isn’t playing because the coach (Andrea Stramaccioni) doesn’t think he’s at his best, above all psychologically,' said Inter president Massimo Moratti.

The future's orange: Sneijder is a long-term target for Sir Alex Ferguson

The future's orange: Sneijder is a long-term target for Sir Alex Ferguson

'For us it’s natural to look for a way to not be forced to sell him and he has the right to not accept our offer. If it stays like that, the solution will be on the transfer market.'

The 28-year-old signed a five-year 200,000 a week deal in 2010, but Inter have made efforts to scale back their spending, which resulted in the sale of goalkeeper Julio Cesar to QPR this summer.

Branca issued a statement about Sneijder on the club website.

Branca said: ‘We’ve been negotiating with him for a while and we need to modify his contract.

‘We want to give him time to think about it and so we won’t be using him for the time being.’

Title-chasing Inter are without a win in three games after Monday’s 1-0 defeat at Parma and have dropped down to fourth place, but are only four points behind leaders and champions Juventus.

Lucas Moura open to Manchester United switch

Moura eyes Man United switch as Brazil ace expresses doubt over Sao Paulo future

|

UPDATED:

11:37 GMT, 9 July 2012

Lucas Moura has opened the door to a move to Manchester United after admitting he could have played his last match for Sao Paulo.

The Brazil midfielder has previously discouraged Chelsea and Real Madrid by insisting he would stay put until his home country hosts the World Cup in 2014.

But the 19-year-old admits 'much has changed', which will encourage United to fight with current front runners for his signature, Inter Milan.

Interest: Moura (left) is interested in a move to Old Trafford

Interest: Moura (left) is interested in a move to Old Trafford

'I cannot guarantee that I will stay until the end of my contract,' he said.

'Much has changed and the situation is not up to me any more.

'I know my father and my agent had a meeting (with Inter) but I don't know what was said. Now I will go to the Olympics with my mind only on winning a gold medal.'

Inter technical director Marco Branca and sporting director Piero Ausilio are believed to be the officials who held talks with Lucas's representatives on Friday.

Riding high: The Brazil ace has already been the subject of a bid from Chelsea

Riding high: The Brazil ace has already been the subject of a bid from Chelsea

The Italian giants are expected to submit an offer of about 20million this week – an improvement on their 15m bid in the winter.

But Chelsea have previously seen a 32.4m bid knocked back, with Sao Paulo insisting it would take 'crazy money' to tempt them. Inter hope his change in stance will drive the price down.

Chelsea and Real Madrid must decide whether to re-enter the race, having already planned their budgets around other targets this summer.

Both had left talks earlier this year with his entourage believing they were in the driving seat to strike a deal when Lucas did decide to leave Brazil.

Lucas told Estadao: 'You never know what can happen. I don't have a crazy desire to leave but, when the time comes, I will speak with my family and decide what is best for my future.

'When I go on the internet I see Inter, Real Madrid and I don't know who else, wanting to come for me with a truck load of money.

'Of course I think about it, but I can't let it go to my head. I'm very calm and down to earth about it. My job is to play football so that these clubs continue to be interested.'

Lucas's agent Wagner Ribeiro has a very close relationship with both Chelsea and Real Madrid, but has previously failed to place Robinho and Neymar at Stamford Bridge.

Inter see the playmaker as a successor to Wesley Sneijder, while they are also in Brazil to negotiate for Corinthians midfielder Paulinho.

Milan newspaper Gazzetta dello Sport reports they also want to be kept informed about Internacional midfielder Oscar, who is interesting Tottenham.

Inter Milan want Cheick Tiote and Nigel de Jong

Inter plotting Premier League raid for Tiote and De Jong after losing M'Vila race

|

UPDATED:

10:35 GMT, 9 May 2012

Inter Milan are considering moves for Nigel de Jong and Cheick Tiote after missing out on top target Yann M’Vila.

The Italians expect a busy summer of comings and goings as they look to renew the squad under new boss Andrea Stramaccioni, and securing a tough defensive midfielder is a priority.

Inter held talks with M’Vila last week, but the Rennes midfielder would prefer to join Arsenal and is closing in on a 17million transfer.

Replacement: Nigel de Jong (right) is an Inter Milan target now they believe they cannot acquire Yann M'Vila

Replacement: Nigel de Jong (right) is an Inter Milan target now they believe they cannot acquire Yann M'Vila

Alex Song is admired at the San Siro, but moves for the Gunner have received a cool reception, while a bid for Real Madrid’s Lassina Diarra also failed.

Inter scouts have been impressed by Newcastle midfielder Tiote but know it will be difficult to prise the 25-year-old from St James’ Park.

But technical director Marco Branca feels De Jong may be more receptive to a move after spending much of the season on the bench at Manchester City.

Option: Newcastle's midfield grafter Cheick Tiote is also on the wish-list

Option: Newcastle's midfield grafter Cheick Tiote is also on the wish-list

The 27-year-old is close to Wesley Sneijder, who, thanks to Stramaccioni’s confidence, is likely to be given another season at Inter, unless a very attractive offer is received.

The Serie A giants could turn to Toulouse’s Etienne Capoue in the holding role, if their shopping trip to England proves too expensive.

Arsenal close in on M"Vila as Inter switch attention to Song

Arsenal close in on M'Vila as Inter switch attention to Song

|

UPDATED:

10:10 GMT, 18 April 2012

Inter Milan are battling Arsenal to sign France midfielder Yann M'Vila.

But the Serie A giants are ready to turn their attention to Alex Song if M'Vila opts to join the Gunners from Rennes.

Target: Rennes midfielder Yann M'Vila (right)

Target: Rennes midfielder Yann M'Vila (right)

Inter technical director Marco Branca has identified targets to strengthen several key areas after a tumultuous season at the San Siro.

M'Vila, 21, is their first choice to add bite to the midfield, according to Gazzetta dello Sport, but Inter fear that Arsenal are winning the race to sign the 20million-rated player.

Even if M'Vila arrives at the Emirates Stadium, Arsenal are keen to hold on to Song and are expected to offer him a new long-term contract with a hefty pay rise on his 55,000 a week deal.

Target: Arsenal's Alex Song (left)

Target: Arsenal's Alex Song (left)

But that has not stopped Inter making him their second choice, after being knocked back for Real Madrid midfielder Lassana Diarra.

Further forward, Inter remain keen on Internacional's Brazil striker Leandro Damiao – a target for Tottenham – and Sao Paulo playmaker Lucas Moura, who has attracted interest from several English clubs.

Mario Balotelli could rejoin Inter Milan in summer

We're still Inter Mario! Balotelli could be offered Milan escape route in summer

|

UPDATED:

14:24 GMT, 5 April 2012

Inter Milan could swoop to end Mario Balotelli's tumultuous spell at Manchester City, but are not prepared to announce any move until the summer.

The Italy striker, 21, has been dogged by a number of high-profile controversies since his move to the Barclays Premier League last summer.

Most recently following revelations that he had a fling with a prostitute linked to Wayne Rooney which came just days after he argued with team-mates during the match with Sunderland.

Italian job: Balotelli could be heading out of City

Italian job: Balotelli could be heading out of City

Balotelli has clashed with manager Roberto Mancini recently and admitted that his knowledge of the story had been a heavy burden.

But he could be offered a route out of the Etihad Stadium in the summer and back to the club who released him for 26million in August last year.

The Serie A club will not give it thought until the summer at the earliest, as their sporting director, Marco Branca, insisted at a press conference to unveil new signing Fredy Guarin.

Flashpoint: Balotelli clashed with Kolarov during the draw with Sunderland

Flashpoint: Balotelli clashed with Kolarov during the draw with Sunderland

Asked about Balotelli, Branca said: 'I don't want to be rude and I will respond briefly.

'Balotelli is not a topical interest issue. Today, we talk about Guarin and about the pleasure to have him among us.

'As for Mario, there will be time to speak about in one or two months.'