We won't let you have Moses on the cheap, Martinez warns Chelsea
21:57 GMT, 17 August 2012
Chelsea will hold talks with Wigan to finalise the protracted transfer of forward Victor Moses on Sunday when the two clubs meet in the Premier League.
Wigan value the Nigeria international at 10million and want Chelsea to pay 7m up front – something which the European champions have refused to do so far.
Moses will earn in the region of 40,000 per week if he completes his move to London, but Wigan manager Roberto Martinez has warned Chelsea they will have to meet chairman Dave Whelan's valuation first.
He said: 'I would rather lose Victor for nothing next summer than let another club get him for less than he is worth.'
Meanwhile, Chelsea have held talks with the Spanish FA over a proposed September break for Juan Mata, who after playing a key role for the club last season featured for Spain at Euro 2012 and the Olympic Games.
Scroll down for video
Impasse: Victor Moses has been chased by Chelsea throughout the summer
Chelsea want to rest
the 24-year-old from
the start of next month
- a period that
fixtures against Saudi
Arabia and Georgia on
September 7 and 11.
The current World and
are understood to be
consideration to the
VIDEO: Roberto Martinez laments over the transfer window, but says he's looking forward to the season!