Sandro rules out United switch but reveals there have been offers from abroad
Tottenham”s Sandro has distanced himself from speculation linking him with a move to Manchester United next month.
The Brazilian midfielder has slipped the pecking order at Spurs since the summer arrival of Scott Parker, making just five starts this term, and has already gone public in his displeasure.
At Old Trafford, Sir Alex Ferguson has continually dismissed the notion fresh faces will be bought in to the squad through January. But injuries to key players Anderson, Tom Cleverly and Darren Fletcher, could now force his hand.
Fighting for his place: Sandro has slipped down the pecking order at Spurs
However it appears Sandro, the 22-year-old who only moved to England last year, is not one of those the Scot, who celebrates his 70th birthday on Friday, is interested in.
“Much has been said of the interest of Manchester United in the British media, but Tottenham hasn’t had any offers at this time,” agent Luiz Paulo Chignall said.
“We have not received formal proposals for the transfer of Sandro, although in the papers have appeared much speculation about the market.
“We know that Sandro is a player of value, who is part of the national team and many teams are inquiring about his situation.”
Any attempt to sign a player who was key to Tottenham”s cause last season would likely to vetoed by manager Harry Redknapp, who has insisted there will be no comings or goings at White Hart Lane in January.