League Two review: Gillingham end Crawley"s run

League Two review: Gills end Crawley”s run as Daggers move out of the bottom three

Gillingham inflicted a first defeat in 16 league and cup games on npower League Two leaders Crawley.

The table-topping hosts played more than 70 minutes with 10 men following Claude Davis” dismissal but took the lead through Matt Tubbs” 34th-minute penalty.

But Jo Kuffour struck twice in three minutes early in the second half and the Gills held on despite a late red card for substitute Luke Rooney.

None of the chasing pack were able to take full advantage of the Reds” slip-up, though, with Cheltenham and Shrewsbury playing out a goalless draw.

Vital win: Dagenham and Redbridge

Vital win: Dagenham and Redbridge”s Brian Woodall (left) celebrates scoring his sides” third goal at Barnet

Southend”s game at Aldershot was abandoned at half-time due to floodlight failure with the Shrimpers leading 1-0 through Liam Dickinson”s early penalty and the hosts down to 10 men after Darren Jones” dismissal.

Burton moved up to fifth after a dramatic 3-2 win over Northampton at Sixfields. Saido Berahino”s first-minute opener for the hosts was immediately cancelled out by Burton”s Cleveland Taylor and though Northampton retook the lead through Michael Jacobs” 12th-minute penalty, they then lost captain John Johnson to a red card.

Chris Palmer equalised shortly after the hour mark and Justin Richards” late penalty secured the three points for Albion.

Good display: John Still watched his side move out of the bottom three

Good display: John Still watched his side move out of the bottom three

They and Gillingham moved ahead of Swindon, who were beaten 1-0 at Torquay through Taiwo Atieno”s first-half goal.

Oxford and Port Vale also boosted their play-off chase with wins at AFC Wimbledon and Hereford respectively.

James Constable put Oxford ahead after an excellent run by Alfie Potter, and Asa Hall”s header just before half-time ensured a 2-0 win.

Vale trailed to Tom Barkhuizen”s 55th-minute goal but full-back Adam Yates lashed home an equaliser and Justin Richards scored the winner from the penalty spot after Benoit Dalibard had brought down Jennison Myrie-Williams.

Northampton”s defeat allowed both Plymouth and Dagenham & Redbridge to move level on points with them at the foot of the table.

Plymouth produced a stunning comeback from two goals down to beat Bristol Rovers 3-2 in injury time.

Matt Harrold”s brace looked to have put Rovers in control but Warren Feeney and Nick Chadwick levelled matters before Ashley Hemmings ran through unchallenged to net the late winner.

Dagenham moved out of the relegation zone with a 3-0 win over Barnet, Brian Woodall adding to Cristian Montano”s brace.

James Hanson”s double helped Bradford beat Crewe by the same scoreline after Nahki Wells” freak opener early on. Crewe”s Lee Bell missed a penalty.

Accrington moved into the top half with a 2-1 win over Morecambe, Bryan Hughes with the winner after Jayden Stockley”s opener was cancelled out by Stewart Drummond, while Rotherham and Macclesfield drew 0-0.