Testing is pointless! McLaren's Button dismisses Mugello session
17:19 GMT, 26 April 2012
Jenson Button does not believe being in Mugello next week will be a worthwhile exercise.
McLaren last week announced test drivers Gary Paffett and Oliver Turvey would be on duty for the team at Formula One's first in-season test since 2008.
However, following his disappointing eighth-placed finish in the Bahrain Grand Prix on Sunday, Lewis Hamilton suggested he might alter his plans and head to Italy for the May 1-3 session.
Waste of time: Jenson Button has no plans to take part in testing
Two bungled pit stops cost Hamilton dear, in particular his lead in the drivers' championship to reigning champion in Red Bull's Sebastian Vettel.
Following the race Hamilton said: 'If there are things to test or figure out I will be the one to do it, not let someone else do it.'
As yet, McLaren have not altered their test plans, although there is the prospect of a last-minute change should Hamilton wish.
Game over: Button was forced to retire from the Bahrain Grand Prix
For his part, Button sees no point in taking part as he said: 'The reason why we're not there is because we've never been to Mugello before.
'I don't really think we will be a benefit because there aren't any massive updates to try.
'For the test drivers to put some miles on parts and try some very extreme things, then I think it's good, but it's not necessary for us to be there.'