Groves promises to punish Anderson at Wembley for taking him on again
George Groves has vowed to make Kenny Anderson wish he hadn't chased a rematch when the pair clash on March 16.
The Scot had the current British super middleweight champion on the canvas in the third round in 2010 but Groves recovered to stop Anderson in the sixth.
And the 23-year-old from Hammersmith is desperate to finish the job once and for all.
Ready to rumble: Kenny Anderson (left) and George Groves (right)
'He's going to hate me, I imagine, because his career revolves around me now,' Groves told Sportsmail. 'It's almost like I'm his claim to fame because he put me down in the third round.
'In many respects it would have been good for him to have finished on that because the way I'm going to beat him on March 16, he's going to wish that was the be all and end all and he could have sat back on the excuses he's used in the past.'
Since defeating Anderson, Groves has gone on to win the British crown after an epic battle with fierce rival James DeGale before defending the belt against Paul Smith last November.
Stand up: Groves (L) and Anderson keep their distance
But despite his subsequent successes, Groves is determined to banish any doubts over his ability to deal with Anderson when he returns to Wembley Arena in a fight live on Box Nation.
'It's a fight that I have to be on form to win and that's the way I've approached my career. I want to have meaningful fights and Anderson falls into that category.
'I'm looking forward to showing everyone how I should have done it the first time. It should have been much more one-sided than it was.
'Trying to change the critics' minds is a losing battle so I don't strive to get their approval but for my own personal reasons I'd like to show Kenny how I should have done it.
'I've seen the fight many times and it's the worst I've performed. You have to analyse things when you don't perform right because you don't want it to happen again. I've made small mistakes since that fight but none as big as then and I've learned from that fight. It certainly won't happen again on March 16.
'I made silly mistakes. I let emotion creep into my boxing which I didn't need to do and ended up making mistakes. But this time I won't be making silly mistakes or letting emotion creep in or punching when I shouldn't be punching.'
Last time out: Anderson suffered defeat when Groves celebrated victory in their first battle
Anderson meanwhile promised to 'smash Groves to bits' and complete his long-awaited revenge mission.
'I think I've improved more than him but if the last fight had been on a different night, it would have been a different fight,' he said. 'He recovered well [from the knockdown]. I was well ahead on points and was looking for a recovery round. The first time I took a step back, the ref stopped it.
'I was extremely hurt that the fight had been stopped. I had it as an amateur and shouting and screaming about it doesn't do anything.
GROVES EYES FROCH FIGHT
George Groves has set his sights on an all-British world title showdown with Carl Froch.
The super middleweight takes on Scotland's Kenny Anderson on March 16 in the second defence of his British bet.
But the 23-year old is already looking to the future as he plots his way to stardom.
'Carl's a great fighter, and he's a British fighter,' Groves told Sportsmail. 'As a fight fan I'd love to see a big British fight and me and Carl would be that.
'I wont call him out as this stage, that would be disrespectful. His main aim is getting either his world title back or a world title but maybe down the line it could happen. Our styles would make for a good fight and I would relish it. But it's a fight that would deserve a world title to be on the line.'
'I'm a professional boxer and I understand that when a decision is made, it's final. I don't like losing; it wasn't a feeling I'd had since I was an amateur so it hurt me really deep.
'Everybody has doubts. I knew I'd be coming back to build things up and move myself into position again. I didn't think that would be the end of me after one close defeat.
'I was dubious whether I'd get the Groves fight again but I had to put that to the back of my mind and focus on the fights I had.
'I performed well and improved and the board made me the mandatory challenger which I was delighted about. Now we can put the questions to bed.
'I've got to lie in my bed at night and not have the thought of that [the defeat] in my mind. I've got to look at myself in the mirror and know I've done myself justice. I don't feel I did that in the last fight but I will this time.
'Everyone's given him a really hard time about it since. It's been used as a tool against him and he wants to get it out of the road as well. I think he'll have his reservations but he wants the fight.
'I'm far too much for him. I'm going to bring all the tools to the table, come down to Wembley and that'll be plenty. It won't be easy but I know who I am and I know what I can do. I'm going to smash him to bits.'