Doncaster 1 Blackpool 3: Gary Taylor-Fletcher double

Doncaster 1 Blackpool 3: Taylor-Fletcher brace moves Tangerines up to fourth

Gary Taylor-Fletcher scored twice as in-form Blackpool outlined their npower Championship promotion credentials with a comfortable victory at struggling Doncaster.

Taylor-Fletcher helped himself to his sixth and seventh goals of the season in the first half to put Ian Holloway's side on course to stretch their unbeaten run to 10 games in all competitions.

Relegation-threatened Rovers looked rusty after a fortnight without a game, but they were given hope when El-Hadji Diouf pulled a goal back from the penalty spot before half-time.

Blackpool were not at their best in the second half, but on-loan Wigan striker Nouha Dicko's first goal for the club sealed the points to consign Rovers to their first home defeat since November.

Brace: Taylor-Fletcher is mobbed after scoring his second goal

Brace: Taylor-Fletcher is mobbed after scoring his second goal


Doncaster: Button, O'Connor, Lockwood, Hird ,Spurr, Martin Woods (Gillett 77), Stock, Oster, Diouf, Bamogo (Bennett 54), Hayter (Bagayoko 83).

Subs Not Used: Martis, Robert.

Goals: Diouf 43 pen.

Blackpool: Gilks, Eardley, Evatt, Baptiste, Crainey, Sylvestre, Ferguson, Fleck (Angel 67), Dicko, LuaLua (Ince 74),
Taylor-Fletcher (Kevin Phillips 69).

Subs Not Used: Harris, Bednar.

Booked: LuaLua.

Goals: Taylor-Fletcher 20, 34, Dicko 72.

Attendance: 8,319

Referee: Gary Sutton (Lincolnshire).

Rovers made a promising start and James
Hayter had a great chance after 10 minutes when a poor back header fell
nicely for the former Bournemouth striker, but he shot straight at Matt
Gilks from 10 yards out.

Blackpool started to get into their stride and Dicko was denied by David
Button after being played in by fellow loanee John Fleck.

The Tangerines were playing with a swagger and they were in front after
19 minutes when right-back Neil Eardley picked out Taylor-Fletcher with a
delightful long-range pass and the former Huddersfield forward raced
clear and took a touch before tucking the ball past Button.

Holloway's side were dictating the play with some slick passing and
movement, but they were almost caught out when Brian Stock picked out
Hayter, but the forward 's control let him down.

Blackpool were being allowed far too much time and space and it came as
no surprise when they doubled their lead 33 minutes in, when
Taylor-Fletcher showed some neat close control and ghosted into the
penalty area far too easily before side-footing into the bottom-left
corner of Button's goal.

The visitors were cruising, but Rovers were thrown a lifeline four
minutes before the break when Ian Evatt upended Diouf and the Senegalese
forward beat Gilks from the spot with a cheeky chip.

The home side could have been level at the break, but Hayter blazed
wildly over the crossbar when the ball fell nicely for him in time added

Rovers boss Dean Saunders clearly delivered a few home truths at
half-time as his side showed far more urgency early in the second half
and it took a magnificent save from Gilks to keep out a well struck
right-foot volley from the onrushing Martin Woods 10 minutes after the

But Blackpool carried a far bigger threat going forward and they
restored their two-goal advantage with 18 minutes remaining when Button
could only palm Alex Baptiste's shot from the angle into the path of
French teenager Dicko, who was left with a simple right-foot finish from
close range.

Dicko's goal knocked the stuffing out of Rovers and the home supporters voiced their disapproval at the final whistle.