Price gets chance to set the record straight after booking Thompson rematch in July
22:31 GMT, 27 March 2013
23:07 GMT, 27 March 2013
David Price has been granted the chance to exact immediate revenge on Tony Thompson after a rematch was agreed for July 6.
The Liverpool heavyweight suffered his first professional defeat when he was knocked out by the American in the second round last month.
But victory for Price at the second time of asking should catapult him back into the mix for world honours.
Shock defeat: Tony Thompson stopped David Price in the second round
The 29-year-old's promoter Frank Maloney admitted the fight, which will take place at the Echo Arena, was difficult to make.
'There was a rematch clause in the original contract, but it was still far from easy to make it happen,' he said.
'Because it was such a big win for Thompson there was a lot of interest in him from rival promoters, but we got there and he has signed.
'There were other options for David also, but he and his trainer Franny Smith were adamant they wanted Thompson again.
Hitting the deck: Price was floored by a right hook
'There have been a lot of nasty things said about David since the first Thompson bout, but this proves his fighting heart.
'Not many fighters have begged me to jump straight back in with someone who has beaten them.
'The fans in Liverpool have been magnificent to David over the last 12 months and I am sure they will respond and get behind the fight.'