Carlos Tevez no longer wanted by Inter Milan

We're not Inter you! Tevez route to Serie A blocked as suitors rule themselves out of swoop

Inter Milan are no longer interested in signing Manchester City forward Carlos Tevez, according to Nerazzurri board member Marco Tronchetti Provera.

Tevez has been strongly linked with a move to Paris St Germain this week, although AC Milan and Inter have both shown an interest in acquiring the Argentina international in the January transfer window.

However, Tronchetti Provera said: 'Does Tevez still interest us He no longer does as he (Tevez) is looking to take a different path. Inter have rediscovered their champions and we don't need to have him or anybody else. But he (Tevez) remains a great champion.'

Up for grabs: Carlos Tevez hasn't played professional football since September

Up for grabs: Carlos Tevez hasn't played professional football since September

Inter endured a dismal start to the
campaign but are now fourth in Serie A and riding a seven-match winning
streak in the league.

There has been no upturn for Tevez,
however, and it emerged on Tuesday that his bitter fall-out with
Manchester City has cost the rebel striker a staggering 9.3million in
fines and lost bonuses.

Tevez, absent from the club for two
months, remains in Buenos Aires and risks being left in limbo if no club
meet City's valuation before the end of the transfer window.

Having accepted a 40m deal with Brazilian club Corinthians last summer, the Premier League leaders want 29m for Tevez.

Kia Joorabchian's advisor Paul
McCarthy told Sky Sports News: 'When Carlos went back to Argentina in
November, he and the club came to agreement that he waived his wages –
because he was not at Manchester, Carrington, so he waived his wages.

'And the situation is now that –
quite frankly from Carlos' point of view – it is never about the money,
it is not an economic situation with Carlos; if it had been he would
have sat down with City about extending his contract which was on the
table at one stage, but that is obviously not the case now and we wait
and see what happens over the transfer window.

Flashpoint: Tevez refused to warm up during a Champions League match in Munich

Flashpoint: Tevez refused to warm up during a Champions League match in Munich

'Nobody has been under any illusion
that City would accept a lower bid, a cut-price, cheap bid – there has
never been that understanding.

'From the outset we knew City would
only accept market value and rightly so; why wouldn't they and Kia and
Carlos have no issue with that, they have the right to demand any price
they wish as, Khaldoon Al Mubarak pointed out, he is still under
contract.

'Manchester City set the price; the
fact Carlos has not played since September will influence that – but
they set the price, they put the valuation on him, we can agree personal
terms, discuss them with potential suitors but nobody but Manchester
City can put the price on Carlos Tevez.

'He is acceptant of the situation, he
knows the transfer window closes next week – everyone is fully aware
that Kia has been given the mandate to discuss terms with other clubs,
but it is then up to those clubs to come to agreement with City over a
fee.'