One more shot at glory! Deluded Harrison will fight on after embarrassing Price defeat
11:38 GMT, 25 October 2012
Audley Harrison has announced his intention to carry on boxing.
The 40-year-old, who won Olympic gold in Sydney in 2000, lasted just 82 seconds against British and Commonwealth heavyweight champion David Price in a humiliating defeat on October 13.
And afterwards he admitted he would give serious consideration to hanging up his gloves.
Message from above: Harrison will return to the ring
But he has now opted to fight on, saying on Twitter: 'It's official… I've decided to carry on. One more shot at glory. 'It could be over; next fight will tell me. See u in a ring real soon.
'A decision has come from above. He told me son “lace up your gloves” your time as a boxer is not quite done, so go out there & have some fun.
'Despite the haters …I've had a good journey, truly am grateful for my blessing & give all praise to jah, god, universe. Rolling the dice!'
Paying the price: Harrison was sent to the canvas after just 82 seconds
While Price was magnificent, the loss appeared certain to end the career of Harrison, who has become a figure of ridicule in boxing.
Writing in his boxing column earlier this month, Sportsmail's Jeff Powell had urged Harrison to call it a day.
'Audley Harrison, in a statement which gives full credit to David Price for Saturday’s knock out, says he is still thinking about whether to retire,' Powell said.
'For your own sake – at coming up 41 and coming out of hospital – don’t think about it for too long, Audley.'